We provide individual, couples and family counseling.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Depression: Depression is experienced by most everyone at some point in their life for a brief period. Depression can be brought on by life situations, loss of a loved one, life state changes such as retirement, or sometimes by chemical imbalances in the brain. Counseling and/or assessment of depression can help you learn to defeat depression and determine if medication will help.
- Finding Healthy Relationships: Healthy, fulfilling relationships do not always come naturally or easily. If you are thinking that finding a healthy relationhip has not happened for you because you have not had "good luck", or have not read the right self-help book, or the "right person has not just come along yet", then its time to take charge of your relationship future. Developing self-awareness and learning to assess the potential of a relationship partner are skills you can learn. Having a healthy relationship can be achieved by developing new perceptions, self-analysis and learning new ways of looking at signals from others. By developing new insights, you can also find a fufilling relationship! Give Cynthia a call!
- Anxiety and Panic Attacks: Anxiety has become as frequent a mental health issue today as depression. If you are having problems concentrating, sleeping or find yourself replaying the same troublesome thoughts over and over, then you may have an anxiety problem. By learning new patterns of thinking, relaxation and other techniques, you can learn to control the anxiety that robs you of pleasure and happiness.
- Relationship Problems, Marriage Counseling or Therapy: Problems with communication, unacknowledged family of origin issues and life stress can create conflict in a potentially healthy marriage or longterm relationship. Couples who have been married for several years sometimes find that they have gotten into a "rut" and need to reconnect. By examining the issues, learning better communication skills and /or becoming aware of how your early life experiences impact your relationship you can learn to have a more satisfying and fulfilling relationship. See our "Marriage Counseling" page for more information.
- Parenting Strategies: Having concerns about your child's behaviors? If you are uncertain as to whether there is a problem, please click on the parenting help page of our website. Parenting can be a tough job even in the best of times, but today's kids and teens, and their parents, are faced with issues that did not even exist 10 years ago. It have become challenging for parents and family to continue to be the most important influence in the their child's life today. We can help you with strategies that work!
- Health concerns including managing chronic pain
- Grief and Loss
- Work and Career Issues Including EAP Referrals
- Stress Management
- Addiction & Substance Abuse Issues
- Gambling Issues
- DUI (ADSAC) Assessments
- Court Ordered Assessments & Evaluations
- Anger Management Issues
- Coping with A Difficult Relative or Acquaintance
With a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, clients achieve
the personal growth for which they are striving.